Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Spring 2011 at Haig-Brown Heritage House






I am really looking forward to the Bed & Breakfast season here at the Haig-Brown House. This is definitely a full circle experience for me in my first year as Site Manager of this beautiful house. In the 70's I worked at the Courthouse when Rod Haig-Brown was a lay Judge here in Campbell River, and I really enjoyed that experience. And so it is definitely a privilege to be here and caring for this beautiful, peaceful place this year.




The camellia at the front door was in full bloom the first week of May and quite fabulous - and then to top it off, my friend Marjorie presented a beautiful pot of yellow tulips, which I nestled in underneath on the bottom step. Marcie, our wonderful gardener, warned me that the deer would make short work of them. Alas! I didn't listen. But before they munched them, I managed to capture it all with with my camera - and will be dragging the easel out to lay it all down with paint as soon as possible. This property is a painter's delight!

No comments: