Saturday, May 8, 2010

HBH is open for the summer!

Spring-time rainbow over Discovery Passage; pot of gold in Campbell River.


Hello!
I'm back at the Haig-Brown Heritage House as the Site Manager and your B&B Host for 2010, and I'm very excited to be here.

We've been busy getting things ready for the summer, including freshening up the house and readying the guest rooms. The blueberries are piled up for pancakes, and the garden is getting ready for my famous tiny tomatoes to serve with breakfast.

Marcy, the gardener, has been busy, as always. The terra cotta pots for the terrace (terraza, in Italian) are planted and standing by in the greenhouse, waiting for a bit more warmth in the weather. She's done up the rose bed to perfection, and the formal lawn looks, well, formal!
And good thing, too - we have a lot of weddings booked for the summer!

Today is simply sparkling!
I photographed the narcissus and bluebells in the glade this morning, and found another broken robin's egg in the driveway. The rhodos are spectacular, and the scented azaleas are busting at the seams ready to burst forth with bloom. Daily the maple leaves stretch bigger and bigger; I'm sure I can hear them grow.


It's been a long, wet winter in Campbell River, and May has been a welcome sight with all the sunshine.

My goodness, I love spring on the coast!
Sandra


No comments: