Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ellie... oh, yeah, And Her Family!






Jesse's enthusiasm on the phone was apparent, and he called back to confirm everything.

"My wife Sarah and I, our 2 kids, and my parents-in-law, Lance and Susan", he said as he described their group.

The plan was to drive from Victoria and stay overnight, including a dinner out in Campbell River.

My concern had been having small children negotiating the tall, steep stairs in the house but with his relaxed attitude (and now the grandparents joining them) I was soothed.

I need never have worried; little Ellie (Elizabeth) was the most thoughtful, sweetest, well-mannered child who climbed the stairs carefully. Later, I watched warily as she took her grandfather's shoes up to him. Each step came up to her little knee, yet she hoisted herself up, all the while holding the sandals that together were as big as her head, calmly talking as she did so.

Her little brother, Isaac, slept most of the time. When he did awaken he smiled, and hardly made a peep! I would love to have heard more from him.

Arriving in the afternoon, the big boys immediately went fishing. Ellie joined her father and 'Papa' and hung out at the river's edge, again relaxed and thoughtfully making her way around the rocks.

Filleting fish and finding freezer bags was next on the agenda, plus lots of walking and fresh air for all.

I wish they could have stayed longer, just 'cause I fell in love with those darling children... oh, and I really enjoyed the adults, too. Seriously!
Sandra

You must visit www.montesphotography.com to see what some of those grownups do!


1 comment:

Montes Photography said...

Hey, thanks for posting that Sandra. We had an excellent time with you. Thanks for the wonderful breakfast, humoring my husband with all his fish stuff, sharing your photography with us, and giving us a tour of the house and the study. We'll come again I'm sure!