Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Loving Honour



The delightful Pam and David were my guests on Monday evening. When they first called, speaking with such joy and English charm, I thought they must be on their honeymoon because they sounded so happy and adventurous. Upon their arrival, they bounced up the stairs, had fun choosing a room, then breathlessly inquired after a restaurant, and smiled and laughed on their way out the door to eat. I had to know more. When they returned I served herbal tea on the terrace, lit candles, and, under the moon, asked of themselves. Married 17 years (and it sounds like they're older than me, tho they certainly look a lot younger!) it sounds like they've traveled the world and enjoyed every moment. David tells funny and amazing stories with his sharp wit; Pamela is a wonderful and well-respected artist (www.PamelaKnight.net) and the two are great company. What was most noticeable was the warm and loving way they treated each other; there was a deep and gentle honour I could feel between them.
Pam and David, thank you for choosing Haig-Brown House! I thoroughly enjoyed your visit here, and I do hope you return some day.
Here's your picture, taken by Marcy, our intrepid gardener.
Sandra

No comments: