Monday, August 31, 2009

The Calm Amid the Joy

Oh, that Martin!
He was so enthused by his visit to HBH and the study where Rod wrote most of his books, I thought he might actually start jumping in his excitement.

Joyce was the cool one.



She sat back and smiled, looked slowly in his direction at his enthusiastic remarks then returned her gaze my way.
Shaking her head a little, her comments were something like, "Martin's the book collector." Or, "Martin's the Haig-Brown historian."

So cool and so sweet. Joyce, Martin and I had many laughs and the whole visit was a great time for me.

And then Van Egan, Roddy Haig-Brown's good friend, neighbour, and fishing buddy, came for breakfast on their last morning here and I think they enjoyed that very much.

More on Van Egan next post.

Martin, I'll have that photo of the study to you asap.
See ya next time, you 2! Take care.
Sandra

No comments: