Friday, August 21, 2009

Tony

Tony called to arrange a room for himself for 2 nights.

When he arrived, he kindly introduced himself, brought his bag to his room, and I hardly saw him again.

He went fishing.
Out at the edge of dawn, back for a bite of breakfast whenever I had it scheduled, then gone again.

I hardly saw him at all until late in the evening, when he came back in to retire to his room.

Then he would do it all again. Always with a smile on his face.

After 2 days, he returned to the lower mainland, I assume to return to work.
Then he called and came back again, this time for 1 night. His son and grandson are also here, so he fished with them at the edge of dawn, and then he was gone again.

He called once more, but I was sorry to say that the rooms were all booked up for that night.

Looking forward to Tony's return - again.
Sandra

No comments: