Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Bountiful Harvest Begun

My thumb is not green (see photo).

However, I'm lucky - and have a fabulous friend in the gardener at HBH (bless your heart and your cotton sox, too, Marcy!).

Notwithstanding the
deer
slugs
rabbits (don't get me started!)
fungal diseases of plants, or whatever other disease they can get
heat
overwatering (my bad... sigh)
birds (they eat the tiny new shoots. Who knew?!)
and now, judging by the piles of scat in the orchard, bears -

anyhoo... where was I? Oh, yeah -
Notwithstanding all of the predators on my attempts at produce, I've actually managed to grow something!

Aren't they pretty?! (OK, enough of the interrobangs...)

The zuke is from a plant Marcy gave me, and the tomatoes are 'grape tomatoes' which are a whole hekuvalot larger than grapes, and very, VERY tasty.
yum
Sandra

No comments: